[NFBV-At-Large] NLS braille eReaders are now available in Virginia!

TalkingBooks talkingbooks at ci.staunton.va.us
Thu Feb 2 19:00:20 UTC 2023

The National Library Service will be providing free braille eReaders to patrons, and they have finally arrived in Virginia. The devices are made by HumanWare, have a 20 cell refreshable display, perkins style keyboard, and wifi plus Bluetooth capabilities (they work the best with iOS systems). They connect with NLS BARD, NFB Newsline, and Bookshare. And completely free for NLS patrons!

I've included the phone numbers to the state library in Richmond and the seven subregional libraries around the state who will be able to assist you. I run the Talking Book Center in Staunton, so feel free to ask me questions.

Richmond: 804-371-3661
Alexandria: 703-746-1760
Arlington: 703-228-6333
Fairfax: 703-324-8380
Roanoke: 540-853-6589
Virginia Beach: 757-385-2684
Staunton: 540-885-6215
Fredericksburg: 540-372-1144

thanks,

Ilia Desjardins
Talking Book Center
1 Churchville Avenue
Staunton VA 24401
540-885-6215
800-995-6215
2018 NLS Subregional Library of the Year
desjardinsie at ci.staunton.va.us<mailto:desjardinsie at ci.staunton.va.us>
talkingbooks at ci.staunton.va.us<mailto:talkingbooks at ci.staunton.va.us>
www.Facebook.com/TalkingBookCenterStauntonVA<http://www.facebook.com/TalkingBookCenterStauntonVA>
www.TalkingBookCenter.org<http://www.talkingbookcenter.org/>

“Books are the eyes of the blind. They reveal to us the glories of the light-filled world, they keep us in touch with what people are thinking and doing, they help us to forget our limitations. With our hands plunged into an interesting book, we feel independent and happy.” Helen Keller, 1930