[Nfbv-fairfax] Fw:Fairfax Chapter NFB Meeting Notes - July 18, 2013

Wanda Taylor wptaylor13 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 19:30:21 UTC 2013

7/18/13

     We called the meeting to order at 7 PM On the 18th of July. There were 7 people in attendance. We started by listening to the presidential release.

July's meeting minutes were amended to include the names of the 3 new Chapter  members:Gia and her mother and Francesco.

     Some committee ideas were then brought to the table. We now have an activity committee with Don, Jessica, and Beverley. Rodney is interested in serving in a coordinating transportation role.

     We discussed some website ideas for the chapter. Gia and John are working to find domain prices and assistance in website production. Jessica volunteered to make a Facebook page for the chapter.

     State convention is coming up in Fredericksburg at the end of October. A discussion took place about doing some fundraising ideas before in order to help people to go if needed. One idea that arose was to do a doughnut sale in front of major department stores such as Target and Wal-Mart.

     Membership talks came up and an agreement about getting some more members in the chapter. Don brought up visiting different schools and senior center locations. Wanda is also available to visit some places during the day as well.

     In closing, Don informed us the price of the chamber of commerce membership changed and is $650. Payment plans can be arranged and Don can provide more info on that as it becomes available. In august, we all agree that concrete ideas need to be presented about activity/fundraising plans for the near future. The meeting closed at 9 PM.

Sincerely,

Jessica Diaz