[Nfbv-fairfax] Fw: Fairfax Chapter Meeting Notes-September 19-2013

Wanda Taylor wptaylor13 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 18:56:53 UTC 2013

**************
If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from the Fairfax Chapter of
the NFB please reply and let me know and I will remove you from the list.
Wanda
wptaylor13 at gmail.com

9/19/13

The meeting started at 7:00 PM  at a new location. For this month and also October, the meeting is at Glory Days and the address is 3059 Nutley Street in Fairfax VA.     We had a short treasury report where we are up on     funds right now.Current balance is:$1500+

Cathy provided an update on the Fellowship Scholarships for the Virginia State Convention.  Due to a lack of responses, the deadline was extended to September 23.

 Fred gave an agenda about the happenings at the NFB Virginia State  convention which is scheduled for October 25-27, 2013 in fredericksburg Virginia.  The deadline for convention and hotel registration is October 14, 2013.

  Tajuan gave information  regarding transportation  via shuttle that Potomac Chapter is doing to get to convention and back.  Transportation has not been finalized as of yet and estimated cost would be around $65.  More information will be provided.

 We talked a lot about fund raising,  Meet the Blind month activities  and beyond. Discussions for Meet the Blind Month  consisted of  visiting senior citizen places, active adult communities,  and schools with small children. One of the areas of donations Don is pursuing is getting 10%of the receipts from our new meeting location.  The Chapter  has a proclamation that will be read at Fairfax City Hall.  This  will be to acknowledge White Cane safety Day, which is October 15 and Meet the Blind Month.  More information will be provided regarding the day, time and exact location.  It is requested that all chapter members (active and inactive) members attend.

 By the nextChapter meeting in  Oct. we all will come to the meeting having at least one organization in mind to partner with to show what we are about and possibly obtain  donations from. Donations can be used for a variety of things especially helping people get to conventions.

Don will  ID's will be available at the October meeting with chances to take pictures for all new members. A membership directory is coming soon and a website specifically for the chapter is in the works as well. In closing, our next meeting will be held on October 17 2013 at 7 PM.

Jessica Diaz