[Nfbv-fairfax] Fw: [] Info regarding the process for obtaining temporary MetroAccess services

Wanda Taylor wptaylor13 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 18:10:48 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: Mary Ann Kessler
To: Nfbv-potomac-announce at nfbnet.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 12:35 PM
Subject: [Nfbv-potomac-announce] Info regarding the process for obtaining temporary MetroAccess services

Brian Miller would like to  share the below information with chapter members who may have friends or family visiting the DC area and wish to utilize MetroAccess services on a temporary basis.  Frank Roth of WMATA describes below the process for obtaining temporary MetroAccess services.  If anyone has any questions, Mr. Roth's contact information is below.

Visitors to the Washington D.C. metropolitan area who are unable to use the accessible Metrorail, Metrobus or other local bus services because of a disability, are eligible to use the MetroAccess service for 21 days in a rolling 365 day period.  To apply for visitor's status please have your current paratransit provider mail, fax, or email verification to our office.   Additionally we will need the following information to process your request:

1.    Your full name

2.    Your full address and phone number

3.    You  paratransit ID number and expiration date

4.    Your disability type

5.    Type of mobility aid used, if applicable

6.    If you are authorized a Personal Care Assistant (PCA)

7.    If you use a service animal

If you do not have paratransit in your home area, you will need to have your healthcare provider provide a certification of your disability.  We will also require you to provide items 1, 2, 5, 6, 7 above. Once we receive the information we will enter your data into our system, we will mail an authorization letter and instructions on how to use our service to you.  Alternately, we can email a PDF copy to your home or work email address if supplied.  In order to provide adequate time to process you request we ask request visitor's status at least 3 weeks before your visit.

Our contact information is:

Metro Headquarters
Transit Accessibility Center

600 Fifth Street NW
Washington, DC 20001

Phone:  202-962-2700
Fax 202-962-6393

Email:  eligibility at wmata.com

Respectfully

Frank N. Roth,  Director

Office of Eligibility Certification & Outreach

Department of Access Services

Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority(METRO)

600 Fifth Street, NW

Washington, DC 20001

(202) 962-2700

http://www.wmata.com/accessibility/

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Nfbv-potomac-announce:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbv-potomac-announce_nfbnet.org/wptaylor13%40gmail.com