[Nfbv-fairfax] “Eating sexy” and other ways to have a happy and healthy holiday from the Fairfax Chapter

Cathy Schroeder cathy at sks.com
Sat Dec 5 19:17:27 UTC 2015

Info about our December holiday party is below.

“Eating sexy” and other ways to have a happy and healthy holiday from the Fairfax Chapter

At our November 19 meeting, our guest presenter was Debbie Dennis. Debbie has a Masters in Nutrition Science and several certifications in eating and living healthily. Debbie’s presentation was about how to enjoy the holiday festivities and food by using several anti-stress and anti-overeating strategies.

Just three of the tips she gave us to help us enjoy the holidays more were:

1.      Delegate the responsibilities. Many find that hosting family events can be very stressful. Debbie suggested that you let others take responsibility for some of the tasks. Thus, freeing up your time and energy so you can better enjoy the event.

2.    Be aware of problem foods. Debbie said that for many of us, there are foods that “call out” to us to be eaten. Debbie suggested that we make an effort to avoid being around those foods. Or, make sure that when we do eat them, we eat them in combination with other foods so that we don’t binge on a single item. Eating some of what we like is not a bad thing.

3.      “Eat sexy”. Debbie said that eating slowly and chewing thoroughly can be sexy. Making sure to chew your food completely helps to make you feel fuller sooner as well as making you look good to others. Who couldn’t use some more of that!

Announcing our Fairfax Chapter Holiday Party for 2015

As in previous years, we will be having our annual holiday party at the home of Fred and Cathy Schroeder the evening of December 17. We will begin arriving at 6:30 pm and we will reluctantly be breaking up at 9 PM.

We will have food and drink. Details on who brings what will be announced soon.

The highlight of our party will be the gift exchange. We ask that each person bring a gift for the exchange with a value between $10 and $15. Our gift exchanges are a bit different and a lot more fun than you may have experienced before. Bring yourself and a gift on December 17 to Cathy’s house and you will have an awesome time. Please RSVP Cathy at 703.319.9226 or email her at Cathy at sks.com <mailto:Cathy at sks.com>  to let her know you are coming.

Cathy’s address is:

9522 Lagersfield Circle

Vienna, VA

The Vienna Metro station is across the street.