[Nfbv-fairfax] Fairfax Chapter meeting at new location this Thursday. Unleash the power of your Victor Stream!

Cathy Schroeder cathy at sks.com
Thu Jun 18 00:33:01 UTC 2015

Hello All,

The meeting this Thursday will have a program of interest to everyone. Do you have a Victor Stream? Thinking about purchasing one but aren’t sure if it will fit your needs? Want to get the most out of this     electronic Swiss-army-knife of accessibility for the blind? Then, this Thursday’s meeting will answer all your questions.

Chapter Vice President and technology guru Cathy Schroeder will be demonstrating the power and flexibility of the new Victor Stream. She will show us how to find the books we want, download them, then enjoy reading them in less than a minute. And, that is only one of the Victor Stream’s features. There’s lots more and Cathy will give us a guided tour.

By the way, you are invited to bring along your Victor Stream (old or newer version) and get one-on-one training with Cathy. You spent a lot of money for your Victor Stream. Why aren’t you getting the most out of it. Come this Thursday and unleash the power!

Below are directions to the new meeting location. Hope to see you all there.

We are excited to announce that the June 17 meeting of the Fairfax Chapter of the National Federation of the blind will be held in a new location. The new location is:

Providence Community Center
3001 Vaden Drive
Fairfax, VA 22031
Phone: (703) 865-0520

The center is two blocks from the Vienna Metro.

We will begin gathering and socializing at 6:30 and the meeting will start promptly at 7:00 and last to 8:30 PM. We will be meeting in class room 2.

This promises to be a place that will comfortably hold us all and better enable us to conduct business.

Walking instructions follow:

Turn right after you exit the Vienna Metro fare booth and go through the tunnel.
Turn right after exiting the tunnel and continue on the walk way until it ends.
Turn left and walk out to the walkway along the street.
Turn right and follow that walk way until you reach the Vaden intersection.
This is a lighted intersection that you will need to push a button to get the walk sign. a poll with the button is located on the side furthest away from the intersection on all four corners. It is not audible at this point.

Turn left and cross the street you were walking along and then turn right and cross Vaden.
Turn left and walk up the other side of Vaden until you hear the large building on your right.
This is the Center, the door is on your right in the middle of the building.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the meeting and showing off the new location.

John Bailey
703.994.2040