[Nfbv-fairfax] Announcing new Fairfax Chapter NFBV meeting location for May 21

Cathy Schroeder cathy at sks.com
Sun May 3 19:15:28 UTC 2015

We are excited to announce that the May 21 meeting of the Fairfax Chapter of the National
Federation of the blind will be held in a new location. The new location is:

Providence Community Center
3001 Vaden Drive
Fairfax, VA 22031
Phone: (03) 865-0520

The center is two blocks from the Vienna Metro.

To cellebrate the new location, the chapter will be providing Pizza and soda at 6:30 and
the meeting will start promptly at 7:00. We will be meeting in class room 2. Please e-mail
cathy at sks.com if you will be attending so we will have enough pizza for everyone. This
promises to be a place that will comfortably hold us all and better enable us to conduct
business.

For those who wish to learn the route from the Metro, we will meet at the Fairfax side of
the Vienna Metro at 6:15 for a walk over to the center. To get to the Fairfax side, turn
rightafter you exit the fare booths instead of the usual left. We will meet immediately to
your right when you exit the tunnel. Plese e-mail cathy at sks.com if you are interested in
meeting for this walk so we can look out for you. We will leave the Metro promptly at
6:15.

Walking instructions follow:

Turn right after you exit the Vienna Metro fare booth and go through the tunnel.
Turn right after exiting the tunnel and continue on the walk way until it ends.
Turn left and walk out to the walkway along the street.
Turn right and follow that walk way until you reach the Vaden intersection.
This is a lighted intersection that you will need to push a button to get the walk sign. a
poll with the button is located on the side furthest away from the intersection on all
four corners. It is not audible at this point.

Turn left and cross the street you were walking along and then turn right and cross Vaden.
Turn left and walk up the other side of Vaden until you hear the large building on your
right.
This is the Center, the door is on your right in the middle of the building.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the meeting and showing off the new location.

Cathy Schroeder