[Nfbv-fairfax] FX Chapter Meeting April 21. Options for shopping independently

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:58:07 UTC 2016

Hello Fairfax Chapter Members and Friends,

This Month’s Meeting:

Being independent means a lot of things to different people. For example, it could be earning a regular paycheck. Or, it can be the independence that comes from being able to travel where and when you want. For many, independence means being able to shop for one’s self and family.  The NFB is all about independence and at our April meeting, you will learn about the several options available for independently shopping that can make it efficient and fun. Keep reading!

On Thursday, April 21, at the monthly meeting of the Fairfax Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia, you will learn how independent you can be while shopping. Our own Joy Relton is not only a polished speaker, she is also an expert when it comes to the many options available for shopping for her family while being vision impaired.

Salsa Dancing Anyone?

The chapter is currently working with a salsa teacher to arrange a salsa dance lesson for us. Still working out the date and location. Our goal is to have it soon!

Meeting Times and Location:

 We start gathering at the home of Fred and Cathy Schroeder at 6:30 PM on Thursday, April 21. Our program starts promptly at 7:00 PM and we adjourn at 8:30 PM. No time for dinner? For a small donation, you can enjoy fresh pizza while  also enjoying Joy’s program.

For directions or to let Cathy know if you will be joining us for pizza (and what kinds you prefer), call her at 703.319.9226. A headcount for pizza would be much appreciated.

Cathy’s address is:

9522 Lagersfield Circle, Vienna.

 Her Home is near the Vienna Metro Station and Oakton High School.

Want to learn more about the Fairfax Chapter or want to join our newsletter? Email John Bailey at John_Bailey17 at hotmail.com for information.