[Nfbv-fairfax] $1000 in donations to the Fairfax Chapter

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 24 01:11:10 UTC 2016

It is my pleasure to announce that the Alexandria Lions Club has donated $500 to our chapter. I would also like to announce that the Fairfax Hosts Lions have donated $500. The total of these two donations comes to $1000.

Our local Lions Clubs support us because they see the value of our outreach programs which demonstrate that blindness is not a dead-end. It is just a challenge that can be overcome with the proper skills and attitudes.

On behalf of the Fairfax Chapter, I would like to single out two of our members who have dramatically demonstrated their dedication to our philosophy of helping others. They are Roberta (Bobbie) Cohen and Rodney Neely. It was their relationships with the Lions organization as well as their belief in the mission of the NFB which made possible these donations.

What the Fairfax Chapter does adds value to our community. Bobbie and Rodney’s educating other organizations about what we do opens the door for us to be able to reach more people in the future.

John Bailey

President

Fairfax Chapter,

john_bailey17 at hotmail.com