[Nfbv-fairfax] GIVE TO THE 2016 ACTION AUCTION

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 2 11:42:54 UTC 2016

#NFBV16

GIVE TO THE 2016 ACTION AUCTION
(2ND announcement)

Hear Ye!  Hear Ye!  The NFB of Virginia will be having an Auction at its state convention in Virginia Beach - November 11-13, 2016.  We need good NEW, HAND-MADE or ANTIQUE ITEMS to auction.   Please contact Jacki Brown: 703-534-0747/ jacquelinestonebrown at comcast.net<mailto:jacquelinestonebrown at comcast.net> to tell her what you plan to donate.  She'll be releasing the information about what is being offered at least a week before the convention via email.  PLEASE DONATE NOW!

Then bring your donated items to the convention.  We will accepting items Thursday evening, Friday morning and Friday afternoon.  We'll be auctioning a few items Friday morning at the Board meeting.  Then just like last year there will be tables set up with the items offered.  Other auction items will be offered in the meeting room during the morning session on Saturday, at the Banquet Saturday Night and in the meeting room on Sunday morning.

It is important for you to be at all the meetings and the banquet.  Otherwise you might miss out on your favorite auction item.  Items will be displayed first near registration and then in the meeting area.
We will accept cash or checks.  All payments need to be received by noon on Sunday, November 1, 2015.  Individual restrictions and expiration dates apply.  Please see the items for details.  We have many great items and little time so we will be conducting the auction FAST!

For your convenience, we have listed the items we currently have to offer.  There will be additions to this list as we expect more items to arrive.  The items will not be presented for bid in the order of this list - but by whim of the Auctioneer.

We are near the holiday season: Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanza, New Year's Eve, Charlie and Stephen Brown's birthdays...some of these items would make great gifts!

Remember - this is our chance to raise money for ourselves in a fun way - also a way to buy only previously dreamed of luxuries from our friends.

LIST OF AUCTION ITEMS AS OF 10/19/2015:

1.    Buy this 1983 World Series Cal Ripken Bobble head in original Orioles box.  This is a unique gift for an Orioles fan or any baseball collector.  On E-Bay it goes for $39-55, depending on condition - and this is in great original condition!                                  Donated by Charlie Brown

2.    2 Braille Cookbooks: (1). "GREEN EGGS AND HAM" BY Georgeanne Brennan which promises to have you making wacky food for the whole family like Cat in the Hat Pudding or Moose Juice and Schopp, etc.; and (2) "THE ANNE OF GREEN GABLES COOKBOOK" by Kate Macdonald, which is "tested" by a 12 year old and contains recipes inspired by the Canadian children's book series about Anne of Green Gables. ( If you want to know more...look them up on eBay)......................Donated by Jeanette McAlister

3.    2 Children's books in Braille: (1) "HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS - bk. 2 in series; and (2) "HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS" -bk. 7 in series.....Nothing more needs to be said...........................Donated by Jeanette McAlister

4.    Spa Basket with items from high-end luxury brands lie L'occitane, Josie Maran, and Carol's Daughter.  Items include body lotion, body butter, shower oil, hand cream and perfume.  Each item is labeled in Braille.............Donated by Deborah & Stewart Prost

5.    A Gift Basket from "HEALTH FOOD CENTERS," 1701 Colley Ave., Norfolk...Donated by Deborah & Stewart Prost

6.    A Package with Wine and a Blue Crab Bay Company Snack Pack (a collection of nutty snacks with/or without bay seasonings)..................Donated by the At-Large Chapter

7.    Another Package of Wine and a Blue Crab Bay Company Snack Pack ( a collection of usually 3 nutty snacks)......................Donated by the At-Large Chapter

8.    A beautiful 18" blue necklace and earring set.  This set is made with square blue stones with yellow, red, orange, small stripes and flowers on them.  The colors are very subtle.................................Donated by Linda Edwards

9.    A Virginia Beach Basket of Chocolates........................... Donated by Theresa Willis

10.                 A Virginia Beach Basket Full of Wine, Cheese and Sausage.................................Donated by Theresa Willis

11.                 A Winter Wonderland Snowman Basket.  This is a blue basket in the lap of a snowman door wind blocker.  The basket contains a snowman glass cutting board, bottle topper, dish towels & potholder, snowman round metal box, night light and 2 snowflake bowls.  This is a perfect Christmas gift.......................Donated by Linda Edwards

12.                 A Gingerbread Basket containing a man and woman gingerbread pot holders, a gingerbread mix and matching dish towel................Donated by Linda Edwards

13.                 A beautiful multicolored Afghan.  It is in various earth toned colors with some pale pink accents. (6 ft. X 4 ft.) ..............................Donated by Chris Cutchins
14.                 A Granny Square Lap Afghan in variegated colors: pink, blue, green and black.....Donated by Annie Ascher

15.                 A Pair of Men's Cowboy Boots.  Come to the table and try them on!....Donated by Mary Durbin

16.                 A Vintage Burberry Trench Men's Trench Coat from London. Size 40L.  This is a green/brown classic English trench coat with a plaid liner.  Think of Boogie in Casablanca or The Deep Sleep and you got it!  (Listed for $100+ on eBay.) Come try it on!.....Donated by Mary Anne Kessler

17.                 An Eddie Bauer classic men's black winter windbreaker. Size Medium.  Come try it on!.........................................Donated by Mary Anne Kessler

PLEASE CONTACT ME SOON SO I CAN ADD YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THE LIST!

                                       EMAIL:jacquelinestonebrown at comcast.net

CALL: 1-703-534-0747