[Nfbv-fairfax] Come join us for the Fairfax County Access Services Technology Fair for blind and visually impaired people Sept 7

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 3 23:30:32 UTC 2017

Come join us for the Fairfax County Access Services Technology Fair for blind and visually impaired people

Hello Fellow Fairfax NFB Chapter Members,
I am sending you a reminder about our upcoming participation in the Fairfax County Access Services Technology Fair for blind and visually impaired people  that will occur on Thursday, September 7, 2017.
The event will begin at 10:00 AM.  For those of us, who would like to help to set up our table, we should be at the Fairfax County Government Center building at approximately 8:30 AM.  The Fairfax County Government Center is located at 12000 Government Center Parkway in Fairfax, VA 22035.
I have a lot of braille alphabet cards.  I should also have NFB Newsline brochures to hand out by Wednesday.  We should also have access to the internet at the Fairfax County government center.
Jay has graciously offered to provide some transportation to and possibly from the Fairfax County Government Center for those of us who need this type of assistance.
If you would like to come and you cannot stay for the entire day, please send me at email at rodneyfneely at gmail.com<mailto:rodneyfneely at gmail.com> to let me know what time you would like to come to help out with the event.
If you would prefer to contact me by phone, please feel free to call me at 703-389-2782.
If you have ideas about other items that we can display at our table, please let me know about these items.
If necessary, I am sure that I can bring a blue-tooth speaker to the event if this would be helpful.
Fairfax County Access Services expects approximately 200 people to attend this event.  This might be a good time for us to let other people know about some of our upcoming events and our upcoming Virginia state convention.

I will send out another email message that will contain more specific information about making arrangements for transportation to and from the Fairfax County government center.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Rodney Neely