[Nfbv-fairfax] FX Chapter meeting: Let's talk about Ira and our future!

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 10 23:23:36 UTC 2018

Let's talk about glasses that help you "see". Also, let's talk about what the NFB is doing nationally to help bring equality to the blind.

Fellow members and friends,

We have an action-packed agenda for this Thursday, February 15 at the Fairfax Red Hot and Blue. There is something for everyone and you don't want to miss it!

The latest piece of tech to take the blindness community by storm is IRA. You may have heard about IRA. Odds are, most of your friends already have it. A fusion  of mobile cameras, instant communication anywhere, and humans, IRA allows a vision impaired person to "look" around them, identify obstacles, navigate crowds, and much much more. At the February 15 meeting, we will be separating the myth from the facts by talking to IRA users to see what it is really like and if it would be a good option for you.

Already have an IRA? Bring it. We want to see it in action and how it works for you.

The NFB leads our community in fighting for our rights at the national level.
NFBV Communications Chair  Sarah Patnaude, will be giving us the run down on what issues the NFB has selected to champion this session with our Congress and Senate. Fresh from Washington Seminar, Sarah will not only tell us about the issues important to us. She will also report on what our elected officials think of these initiatives. If you are interested in the rights of the vision impaired, you won't want to miss Sarah's report about our progress toward equality.

All this info is fine. But, you must attend to hear it. Make plans now.

Where:

Red Hot and Blue
4150 Chain Bridge Rd,
Fairfax, VA

When:
6:30 pm (order dinner) till 8:30 PM
Thursday night in the meeting room at the top of the stairs to the left.

Want more info? Contact John Bailey at john_bailey17 at hotmail.com<mailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com<mailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com%3cmailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com<mailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com%3cmailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com%3cmailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com%3cmailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com>>> or  via phone at 703.994.2040