[Nfbv-fairfax] NFBV Fairfax Chapter Meeting - Transportation in the Palm of Your Hand - Thur May 16

amcarr1 at verizon.net amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun May 12 13:50:00 UTC 2019

The Fairfax Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind will be meeting
on Thursday, May 16, 2019 from 7:00pm - 8:30pm.  Those wanting to purchase
dinner can plan to arrive between 6:00pm - 6:30pm.  Location details are
below the description of this month's meeting.

Meetings are open to Members from any NFB Chapter, their family and friends,
and the public.

Join us this Thursday to share and learn about favorite mobile apps to
manage transportation.  Having transportation options is important in living
an active life.  We will discuss various transportations entities that are
available, Who can use them and when, as well as ways of using mobile
devices for managing your trips.  This will be a forum for sharing, so come
ready to talk about any tips and suggestions on accessing transportation.
If you are new to navigating Public transportation, come ready to ask
questions.

Business topics this month will include:

*	Voting on Treasurer and Secretary.  Jay has expressed interest in
the Treasurer's position, and Jonathan in the Secretary's position.  We will
vote on these 2 positions on Thursday.
*	We will be voting on how much money our Chapter will be contributing
to the various NFB funds.  Here is a brief description of the funds, what we
are currently giving and what is being proposed that we give.  I will be
reporting our contribution pledge at the Affiliate board meeting on May 18.

*	Jacobus TenBroek Fund - maintenance and upkeep of the NFB Jernigan
Institute property.  Currently $20/year, proposed $5/year.
*	White Cane Fund - dollars go directly to the general treasury of the
Federation.  Currently $20/year, proposed $5/year.
*	Kenneth Jernigan Fund - supports first time National Convention
attendees.  Currently $20/year, proposed $5/year.
*	SUN Fund - funds that are being set aside in the event that they are
needed to support the Federation during difficult times.  Currently
$20/year, proposed $5/year.
*	V-PAC (Virginia Pre-Authorized Contribution) Plan - regular
financial contributions to support the programs and activities of the
Federation.  Currently $20/month, proposed $0/year.

*	The Rita's Italian Ice Community event is scheduled for July 18.  We
need volunteers to help make this event a success.

Our meeting location is:

Red Hot and Blue

4150 Chain Bridge Rd,

Fairfax, VA

703-218-6989

(Corner of Chain Bridge Road & Judicial Drive)

We meet in the Meeting Room at the top of the stairs to the left.

For additional information, contact Annette Carr, amcarr1 at verizon.net
<mailto:amcarr1 at verizon.net> , 703-915-2837.