[NFBV-Fairfax] Fairfax Chapter NFBV Virtual Meeting, 68/20/20 7:00pm

amcarr1 at verizon.net amcarr1 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 7 03:08:12 UTC 2020

You are invited to the Fairfax Chapter Of the NFBV monthly meeting.

We are gathering via Zoom on

Thursday, August 20, starting at 7:00pm.

Are you concerned with how to manage social distancing when you are
traveling independently in the community?  While the world is adjusting to
this new normal of having to stay at least 6 feet apart, those of us who are
blind have the added challenge of judging 6 feet in some way other than
visually determining the distance.  Are you wondering if this means that you
have to learn new techniques, or if there is a way to apply what you already
know?  Join us and our guest facilitators Becky Keller and Jimmy Morris,
both Certified Orientation & Mobility instructors, as they lead us in
discussing how to social distance when you use a white cane or a dog guide.
Please plan to join us for this interactive conversation as we share and
learn from each other how to maintain our independence while social
distancing.

Please plan to connect to Zoom prior to 7:00pm.

Instructions for accessing the Zoom meeting by computer, Smart phone or
phone dial-in will be provided closer to the date of the meeting.

Agenda:

*	Introduction of Chapter Board members
*	Discussion of topics for Chapter meetings in September and October.
*	Preparing for Chapter Elections in November.
*	Facilitated discussion - Social distancing
*	Final comments and announcements

Looking forward to talking with you on Thursday evening August 20 at 7pm.

Annette Carr

President, Fairfax Chapter

National Federation of the Blind

amcarr1 at verizon.net <mailto:amcarr1 at verizon.net>