[NFBV-Fairfax] Fairfax Chapter NFBV Virtual Meeting, 10/15/20 7:00pm - Accessible Electronic Reading Material

amcarr1 at verizon.net amcarr1 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 9 23:58:41 UTC 2020

You are invited to the Fairfax Chapter Of the NFBV monthly meeting.  We are
gathering virtually via Zoom on

Thursday, October 15, starting at 7:00pm.  Please join the session prior to
7pm.

See below for details about this month's topic of electronic accessible
books, as well as the meeting agenda.  We will be meeting on Zoom again this
month and we will be using our Affiliate Zoom log in.

Use this link if joining by the Zoom app on your computer or iPhone
https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

Use this "One Tap" when calling in from an iPhone or other Smart phone
tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#  <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345>

If joining by your landline/telephone use your phone keypad to

Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

When prompted use your keypad to enter

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

Topic Description: As we move into the cooler weather, you might be looking
for a good Book, magazines, or other periodical to read in the cozy warmth
of your home.  Our discussion topic for October will be the sharing of
different options for accessing accessible electronic written material.
Gone are the days where we have to wait to receive books through the mail in
specialized formats.  Now we can instantly access books, magazines, and
other reading material through our computers and smart phones.  We will
discuss the National Library Services Braille and Audio Reading Download
(BARD) program, BookShare, and NFB Newsline.  If you have used other sources
of electronic reading material such as Audible, Learning Ally, Overdrive,
etc., we invite you to share your experiences.

Please plan to connect to Zoom prior to 7:00pm.

Agenda:

*	Introduction of Chapter Board members.
*	Discussion of topics for Chapter meetings in November.
*	Discussion of a potential holiday party.
*	Selection of a nominating Committee Chair and members for our
elections in November.
*	Discussion of Chapter donation for Convention door prizes.
*	Presentation: Accessible electronic reading material.
*	Final comments and announcements.

Looking forward to talking with you on Thursday evening October 15, at 7pm.

Annette Carr

President, Fairfax Chapter

National Federation of the Blind

amcarr1 at verizon.net <mailto:amcarr1 at verizon.net>