[NFBV-Fairfax] NFB of Fairfax March 17 meeting announcement

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:57:38 UTC 2022

Fairfax Chapter NFBV Meeting, March 17, 2022

The Fairfax Virginia Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB)
will be meeting on Thursday, March 17, 2022, from 7:00pm - 8:30pm via Zoom.
Next month's chapter meeting will be April 14, 2022 starting at 7PM.

In this announcement you will find:
*          Description of this month's presentation
*          Zoom and dial-in information
*          Agenda
*             Secretary's Report/Minutes from last meeting
*          Contact Information and Resources:

This month's guest speaker will be from A T Guys, a leader in accessibility.  Founded in 2008, A T Guys provides affordable technology solutions for consumers, businesses, and educational customers. Their product line includes mobile phone software and accessories, portable electronics, screen readers, braille translation software and accessible games. They offer customized instruction both in-person, via phone, or online voice chat on a wide array of assistive technologies including screen readers, braille displays, embossers, the iPhone and iPad, Android phones, and general accessibility consulting. Join us to learn about the many useful products and services available from A T Guys and a special offer for those who attend the meeting.

Virtual Meeting Information:
We will be meeting on Zoom this month and will be using our Affiliate Zoom log in.

Use this link if joining by the Zoom app on your computer or iPhone
https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

Use this "One Tap" when calling in from an iPhone or other Smart phone
tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#

If joining by your landline/telephone use your phone keypad to
Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592
When prompted use your keypad to enter
Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

Please plan to connect to Zoom prior to 7:00pm.

Agenda:
*          Meeting called to order
*          Roll Call of Board members
*          Member and guest introductions
*          NFB Pledge (See below)
*          President's opening remarks - Annette
*          Presentation
*         Secretary's Report and approval of minutes - John B
*          Presidential Release Summary - Ashley
*          Business discussion
*          Announcements & final comments
*          Adjournment

NFB Pledge:
I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation;
and to abide by its constitution.

Secretary's report for Feb, 17, 2022.

Those attending were: Annette Carr (President), John Bailey (Secretary), John Scroggs (board member), Ashley Bramlett, and Rodney Neely.

Again, tiz the season to pay annual NFB dues. Dues are $5.00 per person and can be paid in many ways. Contact chapter President Annette Carr for details on how that can be done. Her email is amcarr1 at verizon.net<mailto:amcarr1 at verizon.net>.

Because of a misunderstanding, the AT Guys were not at the February meeting as advertised. Instead, they have been rescheduled to be at the March 17 meeting.

Instead of having a program at the February meeting, Chapter President Annette took this time to discuss future projects for the year and how we could best support the vision impaired in our community. Some of the ideas that came from the members had to do with supplying Braille books for preschoolers and helping to send a child or two to camp this summer.

It was decided that we wouldn't use the word 'fundraising' because that is not the goal of our efforts. Instead, we would be 'Dream Making'-- making dreams come true for our blind community for a brighter future.

The Fairfax NFB chapter is not all work. We also discussed meeting up at a local park to do some grill'n. Annette is researching several parks to determine the availability of grills at those parks and their cost.

Ashley Bramlett gave a summary of the NFB Presidential Report. The report is important for all chapters to review because it keeps us up with our NFB family across the country.

Finally, the January meeting minutes were submitted for approval. They were approved unanimously.

The meeting ended at 8:30 PM.

The next chapter meeting will be held virtually via Zoom on March 17 starting at 7:00 PM.

Sincerely,
John Bailey

Chapter contact Information and Resources:
Annette Carr, M.Ed.
President, Fairfax Chapter National Federation of the Blind VA Affiliate
NFBVFairfax at gmail.com<mailto:NFBVFairfax at gmail.com>

John Bailey
Secretary, Fairfax Chapter National Federation of the Blind VA Affiliate
nfbvFairfax at gmail.com<mailto:nfbvFairfax at gmail.com>
703.994.2040

Visit the NFB of VA Affiliate webpage for news and information from around the state:

http://nfbv.org/

News and information from the NFB National Office are available at URL:
https://www.nfb.org/

Sign-up for the NFBV Fairfax Chapter e-mail list at URL:

Sign-up for the NFB of VA Affiliate e-mail list at URL: