[Nfbv-historic-fredericksburg] April Meeting

Holly Frisch Holly at volunteersfortheblind.org
Fri Apr 22 02:56:35 UTC 2016

As I communicated in an email message earlier this year, two meetings would not follow our regular pattern.  This month we still have our regular meeting room and time, but a different date.  Our chapter meeting will be this Saturday, April 23.  As usual, it will be in the Cable Studio room of the Central Rappahannock Regional Library at 1201 Caroline Street in Fredericksburg.

Among other topics, we will decide how much money the chapter will donate to each of our four national funds.  These do not include  NFB Camp.

If you have additional donations you received in connection with last week's extremely successful Walk With the Blind, please bring them and give them to Leon, our chapter treasurer.

If time permits, we will discuss the up coming national convention.  Anyone who requests financial assistance from the chapter must do so either in Braille or by email.  I must receive these Braille or electronic requests by May 20. I am using that date so people who applied for the MacDonald or Jernigan requests will know if they received any money from these sources.

My decisions providing individual assistance will take into account several factors.  Who brought in the most donations for the walk?  Who helped solicit and collect gift certificates?  Who participated in the walk?  Who helped in other ways?  Who was reliable, not only regarding the walk, but throughout the year?  Who asked "What can I do to help" and followed through?  Who didn't say anything or ask, just quietly noticed a need and met it?

Because our  chapter members did all this, we had a successful walk.  I extend my most heartfelt appreciation and gratitude to all of you.  I could not have done it alone, or without  every single person who helped, each in his or her unique way.  Thank you for being a wonderful chapter and working together so our annual fund raising/community awareness activity would succeed.