[Nfbv-historic-fredericksburg] Monthly Meeting Reminder

Holly Frisch Holly at volunteersfortheblind.org
Wed Mar 16 23:45:22 UTC 2016

This month's meeting will be Saturday, March 19, at 10:00 in the Cable Studio Room of the Central Rappahannock Regional Library, 1101 Caroline Street.  This is a very important meeting.  When there was a possibility we would not have our annual Walk with the Blind this year, many chapter members expressed dismay and promised to help if we had it.  Now is the time for commitments.  Laurie has generously taken upon herself a major share of responsibility, but she indicated she would really appreciate help..  Who will make a commitment to work with her?

We will visit the merchants on Caroline Street April 1, 4 and 5 to solicit gift certificates as well as monetary donations.  This is a three hour commitment each day.  Who is going?  Which day?  The plan is to go from 10:00 to 1:00 Friday, Monday and Tuesday.

There are flyers and posters to distribute.  Who is going to take them?  There are phone calls to make to every single chapter member.  Who is going to help make those calls?  As someone pointed out to me, fund raising projects do not sell themselves.  If we want ours to succeed, every single chapter member must actively and meaningfully participate in some way.

The walk is April 16, `exactly a month from today.  Let us all work together to make it a memorable event.