[Nfbv-historic-fredericksburg] Very Special Monthly Meeting

Holly Frisch Holly at volunteersfortheblind.org
Fri Sep 9 16:08:24 UTC 2016

This month is the 15th anniversary of our historic Fredericksburg chapter.  In honor of this anniversary, September's meeting will be at Bravo restaurant, 1 Towne Centre Boulevard.  This restaurant is part of the Spotsylvania Towne Centre.  A ramp on the corner provides wheelchair access.  Anyone with concerns about this is welcome to call either the restaurant or me.

We will each order from the menu; no group gratuity will be included.  Although the banquet room is unavailable, a large area in the restaurant's center is being reserved exclusively for us.  I have been assured, at the time of day we are meeting (11:00) noise will not be an issue.  The formal meeting part of our activities will not disturb other patrons.

Two guest speakers have been invited, and I am awaiting their responses.

The area reserved for us can hold as many as 40 people.  Bravo would really like us to have at least 15 to justify reserving that space.  Management would like to know 48 hours in advance to set up the tables most conveniently for us.  Therefore, I am asking everyone, please, to respond by Wednesday evening, September 14.  That will allow me time to call Thursday and make all the final arrangements.  As always, everyone is cordially invited and welcome.  Personally, I hope as many as possible of the founding members can attend and provide us some early chapter history.

We do not want anyone to feel excluded.  If finances are a concern, please let me know so we can work something out.  We can subsidize a portion of meals for people with financial limitations.