[Nfbv-historic-fredericksburg] Attendance Urgently Requested for this Month's Meeting!

Holly Frisch Holly at volunteersfortheblind.org
Tue Feb 12 19:03:03 UTC 2019

Our Historic Fredericksburg Chapter is late!  We were supposed to have conducted elections two months ago.  However, we could not do so for lack of a quorum.  Our Historic Fredericksburg Chapter's constitution requires a quorum to consist of at least 10 paid members.  Only six or seven people attended our December meeting.  Last month, only nine members attended.  Without a quorum, we can neither vote on anything nor conduct any important business.

Nominations will all be from the floor.  This is everyone's opportunity to participate fully in selecting our chapter's leadership this year.  Anyone in the chapter who is willing to be considered for a leadership can ask another member to nominate him or her.  Alternatively, self-nomination is permitted.  The only thing we cannot do is have any proxy voting.

She will discuss, among other things, her new position.  Claudia has been with Mobility Options a long time as one of its drivers.  This will be our opportunity to educate her about our organization, needs and concerns.

Brittany will be primarily in charge of the rest of the meeting.  She will discuss with us her experiences at the Richmond Seminar and what she is required to do as part of the Chapter Leadership Institute.  She is our chapter representative in that brand new training program.

We will meet as usual at 10:00 in Claudia Soper, the new travel trainer at Mobility Options, will be our guest speaker.  As usual, our meeting is the third Saturday of the month, in this case, January 16.  We need to begin promptly at 10:00 in meeting room 2 at the Central Rappahannock Reginal Library, 1201 Caroline Street in Fredericksburg.  If you care at all about our chapter, please find, even make, time to attend this meeting, even if it means giving up or postponing something else.