[NFBV-Historic-Fredericksburg] Historic Fredericksburg Crier - Feb. 10

rtbyrne at aol.com rtbyrne at aol.com
Tue Feb 11 03:45:34 UTC 2020

HISTORIC FREDERICKSBURG CRIER February10th

Bon Jour – Welcome to this edition of the FredericksburgChapter of the NFB’s Crier. In this Crier we have topics that include dues,meeting date, meeting notes, tips on ios 13, and more.

     Let us start withthe upcoming meeting. We will meet this Saturday, March 15th at theFredericksburg Downtown Library at 10 AM. Please come and help plan for April’sWalk  With the Blind. Due to a conflictwith a car show being held downtown, the date has changed to April 18th.More will be coming on how to maximize  donations.We will also have two special guests to share some valuable information.

DUES – Our dues are $5.00 per year. Last year the chapter elected a new treasurer in the spring.There had been no collection of 2019 dues before that so many members did notpay till May or after because they were not asked. We want to collect all duesbefore the end of February. This would meet the state and nationalrequirements. Please do your best to pay the dues A.S.A.P. The new members whojoined at the end of last year are paid for 2020.

If you have a question about dues, please ask Dick Byrne.Thanks for your help with this matter.

iPHONE and OTHER STUFF – I need to introduce new members andany one who has not checked them out to BlindAbilities. It is a dotcom and apodcast that can be enabled on an Amazon Echo device. The usual host works forMinnesotta State Services for the Blind. One panel member is a New Yorkcomedian, and the third is a young, working mother. All are blind. The podcastdeals with technology, great guests, and important information for the blindcommunity. There are hundreds of shows available. The first line below is thewebsite and the second line can take you there by double clicking on it. Checkit out, especially if you have an iPhone.

Dick Byrne

rtbyrne at aol.com

804-238-5608

https://blindabilities.com/?p=5672   t