[NFBV-Historic-Fredericksburg] Crier April 16th

rtbyrne at aol.com rtbyrne at aol.com
Fri Apr 16 15:55:36 UTC 2021

HISToric Fredericksburg CRIer, April 16th

     Ave – Olla –Bon Jour or however you greet others.

Welcome to another edition of our Crier. It has been a busytime for many of us. Many have been busy trying to get our shots scheduled andthen taken. Hopefully,you all have gotten yours and herd immunity is coming.

     Most of us havealso been busy with a very important time in our chosen religion or if notreligious with getting our Easter candy. However you celebrated, I hope youwere able to meet with friends and family.

      Our regularmonthly chapter meeting is Saturday, April 17th at 10 AM. ManyVirginia chapters have met recently in person and Zoom. We are going to followthat system. We will meet at Volunteers for the Blind in Fredericksburg , andalso Zoom the meeting. I feel our immunization shots and masks and socialdistancing will allow us to meet safely. If you feel comfortable. Please come.If not, join us via Zoom. I hope that next month we might have an outdoorpicnic style meeting. We will see. I have heard a suggestion that those at themeeting might order lunch to be delivered or picked up by one of our drivingattendees. Sounds like a plan, if everyone agrees.

     One important questionmight be, what topics should we discuss at the meeting. The answer to that questionis a bit nebulus. I have some technology that might be of interest, includingan amazing sounding device that might help a person like me who has an area ofan eye that is still partially working to see some detail and even see lettersand read them. Other subjects that might be discussed might include planningfuture activities and even spreading the gospel of the NFB or to be moreprecise finding and sharing what we know with folks who are blind and visuallyimpaired and do not know where to go for help.

Here’s how to joinour meeting:

Zoom Link https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile
tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#