[Nfbv-potomac-announce] April Meeting and Nominating Committee Report

John Halverson johnh50 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 12 11:04:04 UTC 2016

Colleagues and Friends:

The Potomac Chapter National Federation of the Blind is holding its April
meeting Thursday April 14 at St. George's Episcopal Church, 915 North
Oakland Street, Arlington, Room 114.  It is just one block from the Virginia
Square metro station.  Below find directions.

We will update activities, hold elections, and share the monthly
presidential report.  Of course the usual refreshments will be offered.

The nominating committee report is below.  I have also attached it to this
email.

If you have suggestions for the agenda, please let me know, by email before
Wednesday evening April 13.  My email address is johnh50 at verizon.net.

Please join us, we truly are a welcoming family.

This year's Nominating Committee, consisting of Nancy Yeager, Patti
Droppers, and me,  met; and we unanimously recommend the following slate for
the Chapter officer and director positions for the upcoming year.

President, John Halverson

First Vice President, Stephanie DeLuca

Second Vice President, Justin Chan

Treasurer, Sean McMahon

Corresponding Secretary, Deepa Goraya

Recording Secretary, Evelyn Valdez

Board members:

                Sarah Blumberg,

                Beverly Coney, and

                Joe Hobson.

All of these candidates have agreed to be nominated and have agreed to serve
if elected.

Below find directions from the Virginia Square metro station to St.
George's.

John

Here are walking instructions from the Virginia Square Metro to St. George's
Church.

1. at the top of the escalator make a u- turn and walk to the Corner of
Monroe and Fairfax Drive you will pass a fountain.

2. Turn left with Fairfax Drive on your right.

3.  After a short block you arrive at nelson Street.  It has a light but
little traffic.

4. Cross Nelson.

5. Continue along Fairfax Drive to the next street, Oakland Street.

6. Turn left.  The church parking lot is on your left. Turn left to the
door.

7.  There is a bell you can push if no one is at the door to hear your
knock.

8. If you arrive later than 7:15P.M. but there is no one at the door to
greet you and no one responds to the bell, please call Nancy at (703)
283-2524.

and she will come and let you in.  Please do not knock on the room 114
window to get our attention.