[Nfbv-potomac-announce] Arlington county fair 2016 announcement 1 (2)

Nancy Yeager nancyyeager542 at comcast.net
Wed May 11 22:34:16 UTC 2016

As discussed at an earlier chapter meeting, the Potomac Chapter will have a
booth at the Arlington County Fair.  The fair planning committee currently
consists of Nancy Yeager, Sandy Halverson and Sarah Blumberg.  Additional
members are welcome.

One of our first planning activities is to obtain a new display to replace
our old warn out one and design its contents.  If you want to work on the
display, volunteer for booth coverage or assist in any other way, contact
Nancy Yeager, (703) 283-2524 or email: nancyyeager542 at comcast.net.

Volunteers staffing the booth will answer questions from fair goers,
distribute NFB information and demonstrate our presence in the community.
It's a lot of fun.  In addition, there are many other interesting community
organization and vender booths to explore while remaining in the inside.
When you get hungry, just step outside and you will find many, many food
options - taste treats for all pallets.

The fair is located at the Thomas Jefferson Community Center, 3501 2nd
Street South, Arlington, VA 22204.

The dates are:  August 17 - 21.  Booth set-up will occur the evenings of
August 17 and 18.  The Fair will be open to the public from Friday August 19
through Sunday, August 21.  Indoor exhibit hours are:

Friday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm;

Saturday, 10:00 am to 9:00 pm;

Sunday, 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.

Nancy Year