[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] May Meeting

John Halverson johnh50 at verizon.net
Mon May 8 23:01:40 UTC 2017

Colleagues and Friends:

The Potomac Chapter National Federation of the Blind is holding its May 2017
meeting Thursday, May 11, at 7:00 pm, at St. George's Episcopal Church, 915
North Oakland Street, Arlington, Room 114.  It is just one block from the
Virginia Square metro station.  Below find directions.

We plan to discuss other book reading options, the recent state board
meeting and preparations for the national convention.  Of course we will
have the  usual refreshments.

If you have suggestions for the agenda, please let me know, by email before
Wednesday evening May 10.  My email address is johnh50 at verizon.net
<mailto:johnh50 at verizon.net> .

All church construction is completed and we are able to use the usual door.

Below find directions from the Virginia Square metro station to St.

George's.

John

Here are walking instructions from the Virginia Square Metro to St. George's
Church.

1. at the top of the escalator make a u- turn and walk to the Corner of
Monroe and Fairfax Drive you will pass a fountain.

2. Turn left with Fairfax Drive on your right.

3.  After a short block you arrive at nelson Street.  It has a light but
little traffic.

4. Cross Nelson.

5. Continue along Fairfax Drive to the next street, Oakland Street.

6. Turn left.  The church parking lot is on your left. Turn left to the
door.

7.  There is a bell you can push if no one is at the door to hear your
knock.

8. If you arrive later than 7:15P.M. but there is no one at the door to
greet you and no one responds to the bell, please call Nancy at (703)
283-2524.

and she will come and let you in.  Please do not knock on the room 114
window to get our attention.