[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Last Call for Wine Tasting

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Wed Feb 28 15:05:58 UTC 2018

Hello,

If you can join us for the wine tasting, let me know by the evening of March 1.  A few seats are still available.

We only have  20 participants so if you change your mind and can come, your participation is greatly appreciated.

See below.

John

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

We hope that you can join us for a wine tasting event and seminar to benefit the Potomac Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind.

The event will fund outreach programs for blind youth, seniors and working age adults. The deadline to RSVP is Tuesday, February 27, so we can provide a final count to the organizers. Drop ins that day will not be accepted due to limited space.

The details:

 National Federation of the Blind Wine Tasting Saturday, March 3, 2018 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM

Cost:  $45 per person.  Please make checks payable to PC-NFB. Cash and credit cards are also accepted.

This year, our wine tasting has an exciting Spanish theme.  A variety of Spanish wines will be offered along with pairings of fine cheeses, chocolate, crackers, and breads.  An expert on Spanish wines representing Bistro 360 wine bar, shop and restaurant in the Rosslyn/Courthouse area will be pouring and explaining the wines.  Each wine will be presented in a relaxed lecture format with plenty of time to enjoy each wine, mingle, and socialize with friends.

 If you have always wanted to learn more about wine or just wanted to expand your horizons, this event will be a great time.

 About Bistro 360:

 Born out of a desire to bring the best of the world's cuisine, wines and beers to the neighborhood, Bistro 360 Wine Bar, Market & Restaurant, located in-between Rosslyn and Courthouse, offers: a comfortable neighborhood restaurant with an innovative menu drawn from cuisines around the world.

.            A contemporary wine bar where patrons can order from the full restaurant menu and choose from a curated selection of wines and beers from around the world as well as craft cocktails.  A gourmet retail market with chef-prepared takeaway meals for office or home and a great mix of wines, beers, ciders, cheeses, charcuterie, fresh-baked breads and desserts, and much more.

Where: Bistro 360 is located at the corner of Wilson Boulevard and Quin Street, half way between Rosslyn and Courthouse Metro stations.  Bistro 360 1800 Wilson Boulevard Arlington, VA 22201

703-522-3600

http://www.bistro360.net/

 #1.) Bistro 360 will give a 15% donation for ANYTHING purchased from our wine tasting in the store on the evening of March 3.  This also includes the pairings of cheeses, chocolates and specialty foods.  How convenient to just take it home with you!

#2.) Bistro 360will donate a gift basket for raffle.

#3.) Bistro 360 additionally has offered to provide 15% of dinner proceeds back to the PCNFB to further expand our fundraising potential. Consider staying for dinner at Bistro 360.

#4.) Reservations & Payment: This special event, which will be hosted in Bistro 360's restaurant facility, can accommodate 40-45 attendees, with some limited flexibility.  Advance reservations are required. The wine tasting price is: $45.00 per person, cash or check made payable to the PCNFB.  Please bring your check to the event or mail it to our treasurer:

Sean McMahon

2677 Avenir Place

Apt 3205

Vienna, VA 22180

You may also bring your payment to the wine tasting event.

 To ensure your reservation is confirmed, please contact John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com<mailto:jwh100 at outlook.com> , or by phone at 703 379-1141.

 #5.) DO NOT HESITATE!  Plan now to be among the movers and shakers and join us at Bistro 360 on Saturday, March 3.  Enjoy some

outstanding wines, tasty pairings, and good fellowship!   Then, afterwards, you can enjoy dinner at Bistro 360 or at any of the numerous excellent nearby restaurants along Wilson Boulevard.

 Thank you.

John Halverson, Ph.D., President
Potomac Chapter, National Federation of the Blind

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.