[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Brief Board Meeting

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Sun Jul 29 17:16:49 UTC 2018

Hello Colleagues,

At our early June board meeting it was suggested that we hold monthly board conference  calls on the last Thursday of the month.  We did so on July 26 and five members were present.  We all forgot that our Alexandria Chapter met that evening.  We will change the date.

We discussed our August meeting.  We expect up to four possible new members and  should have a great philosophy discussion.  Give me ideas  in the next few days?

I am asking Chris Danielson if he is able to give us his NFB branding discussion by phone.

We discussed the auction.  I hope everyone can attend.  I forgot to mention this at the meeting, but if you feel the $25 cost is a hardship, let me know and we will wave it.  I want everyone to participate.

We mentioned the importance of obtaining items for auction.  Joe Hobson suggested we have a brief discussion on fundraising.  We will hold a conference call for anyone interested on Sunday August 5 at 3:00 p.m.

As I have said before, the auction is great because even if you are unable to buy an auction item obtaining items to sell raises money.  Without auction items we will not raise any money.

At our August meeting we will appoint a committee to work on an October event for the chapter to socialize.  We think our members will do the food preparation.

Finally, we discussed community projects.  There is a possibility of holding another Saturday seminar on social media, the iPhone, or other area.  I mentioned that Tracy has been working with the Columbia Light House and we  should partner with them to do travel training and possible daily living skill development.