[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] FW: Getting to Convention via the VRE

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Sat Oct 27 14:49:06 UTC 2018

Thank you Sean.

From: sean.mcmahon.dc at gmail.com [mailto:sean.mcmahon.dc at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2018 5:35 PM
To: 'John Halverson' <jwh100 at outlook.com>
Subject: FW: Getting to Convention via the VRE

John, can you please distribute?
Thanks

From: sean.mcmahon.dc at gmail.com<mailto:sean.mcmahon.dc at gmail.com> <sean.mcmahon.dc at gmail.com<mailto:sean.mcmahon.dc at gmail.com>>
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2018 5:18 PM
To: sarahblumb at gmail.com<mailto:sarahblumb at gmail.com>
Subject: Getting to Convention via the VRE

Hello Federation Family!
I am willing to go with a group of you via the VRE to Fredericksburg for our state Convention.  I am planning on taking the 4:33 train,(train 307), from Alexandria, which will arrive in Fredericksburg at approximately 5:46PM.  This train starts at Union station at 4:10PM.  The cost for VRE full fair is approximately $11.00.  To view the schedules, I recommend using Internet Explorer because Chrome and Firefox do not show you the train numbers on the time table.  The Amtrak trains are quicker and cost about $20.  If you already have a monthly VRE pass you can use the Amtrak trains for an  extra fee referred to as a step-up ticket.  I will arrive in Alexandria at 4ish so  we have time to purchase tickets.  Mobile ticketing is not accessible via the VRE app, therefore, I recommend purchasing your ticket from the station counters at Union or Alexandria.  Other stations like Crystal city use an electronic, probably inaccessible kiosk.  For more information on VRE, go to VRE.org.  If you intend to join me as part of a group, send me an e-mail , call or text indicating your interest.
Thanks and no matter how and when you get there, I look forward to seeing you at our 60th Convention.
Sean
(520)247-2197
Sean.mcmahon.dc at gmail.com<mailto:Sean.mcmahon.dc at gmail.com>