[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] National Harbor Visit with Other Chapters in the DMV

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Wed Aug 28 14:40:45 UTC 2019

Colleagues,

I  hope  you are able to  join us on September 7 for an enjoyable afternoon with fellow Federationists from throughout the DMV.  Details below.

Please call Naim to indicate your interest by Thursday evening.  Although the final count is not due until September 3, we would like to get a notion of interest as  soon as possible.

Thank you.

John

Come one, come all! Join a variety of local NFB chapters in embarking on a fun-filled social excursion to The National Harbor. We plan on taking full advantage of the waterfront views, a splendid stomach-warming meal, and the enjoyment of the crisp autumn weather of early September. For those in Virginia, there are water taxis that run in 30 minute intervals, starting at 9:35 in the morning, and will cost

$18 per roundtrip ticket. These water taxis depart from 0 Cameron St, Alexandria, VA.

When: Saturday, September 7th, 2019 (We will begin our lunch time meal at 1:00 in the afternoon)

Where: The National Harbor (Restaurant to be determined: likely to be Rosa Mexicano Restaurant)

Cost: $25 collected at the restaurant.

Food: Guacamole en Molcajete, HAND TACO, Enchilada, and Quesadilla de Carne Asada

Time: Afternoon lunch, travel activities, and evening fun beginning around 1:00

Please join us for a great meal, drinks, and exploration of The National Harbor on Saturday, September 7th. RSVP to Naim Abu-El Hawa no later than 11:59pm on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019. Naim can be reached via email at nmabuelhawa at gmail.com<mailto:nmabuelhawa at gmail.com> or via phone at 202-848-8932.

Thank you all for so graciously working on having this project come together. As earlier stated, please feel free to circulate this announcement as far and wide as possible. I look forward to receiving many RSVPs by or before Tuesday, September 3rd. Chapter presidents may feel free to send this announcement to their listservs accompanied by any edits they would like to make.

Also, we are reconvening this Thursday, August 29th at 6:00 in the evening. This final call will aid to tie up any loose ends while also ensuring we start to have a general idea of how many people will be attending. Please try to make it out at 6:00. The call in number will be 712-770-5197 accompanied by access code 265669.

Many thanks and much respect.

Sincerely,

Naim