[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] 2019 2020 Book Club

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Sat Aug 31 18:19:32 UTC 2019

Colleagues,

I  have attempted to locate questions for the15 recommended books.  I have only been partially successful.

I hope some of you can look for missing questions.

Thank you.

John

Karin's Suggestions My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry: has questions.
2 Destiny of the republic: questions yes

3 The book of joy: lasting happiness in a changing world: discussion questions to guide discussion.

4 Monkeewrench: no questions.

5. West with the night: Some  questions but not impressed.  Questions not free.

Christine's Books

6 The tale of the dueling neurosurgeons: the history of the human brain as revealed by true stories of trauma, madness, and recovery: After a simple search no questions.

7  Conscious: a brief guide to the fundamental mystery of the mind.  No apparent questions.

Nancy's books

8. The Turner house DB81739
Flournoy, Angela. Reading time: 10 hours, 37 minutes.
Read by Mare Trevathan.

Historical Fiction
Family

Francis and Viola Turner lived in their Detroit home for more than fifty years, raising thirteen children. Now, however, the neighborhood is crumbling, Francis is gone, and their mortgage is underwater, leaving the Turners to decide the fate of their home. Some strong language and some descriptions of sex. 2015.  questions exist.

9. The Reckoning DB92511
Grisham, John. Reading time: 17 hours, 38 minutes.
Read by Michael Beck.

Suspense Fiction
Legal Fiction. General questions which fit the book quite well.
Joe
10 The Becoming by Michelle Obama there are questions.

11. The matriarch: Barbara Bush and the making of an American dynasty cannot find questions but did not conduct an exhaustive search.

Carl

12 The color of law: a forgotten history of how our government segregated America I think there are questions but cannot open.

12 The war before the war: fugitive slaves and the struggle for America's soul from the Revolution to the Civil War  Did not fine questions but there may be some.

I think this is all recommendations received.

Sandy
13 where the crawdads sing questions

14 Blind ambition by Ever Lee Hairston may not be questions

15 the ditch digger's daughter found 30 questions.

The ditchdigger's daughters: a Black family's astonishing success story DB43623
Thornton, Yvonne S; Coudert, Jo. Reading time: 10 hours, 21 minutes.
Read by Connie Winston.

Biography
U.S. History

Portrait of the Thorntons--Donald and Tass--and their six daughters who, inspired by their father's unceasing determination and discipline, overcame economic hardship and racial and gender discrimination to achieve success as professionals: two doctors, a dentist, a lawyer, a nurse, and a court stenographer. Some strong language.