[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Tech Fair Call March 26, 8:00 PM

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Wed Mar 20 13:29:42 UTC 2019

  Hello,

Our next technology fair meeting is March 26 at 8:00 pm.  If you're interested in working on it, please join us.

Dial-in information is below:

Phone:  (605) 472-5481
Access Code: 304571 pound

The date of the fair is Saturday, June 22.  We don't yet have a confirmed Location.  We are considering lion park community center or Saint George's Church and hope to have the location confirmed within the next week or so.  The cost of the church is $150; the cost of lion park community center is $300.

The fair length will be around 4 hours excluding set-up and clean-up.

Proposed tech fair items:

Newsline:  John.

Braille displays and notetakers:  Angie and/or Nick.

On Line grocery and other shopping services: no volunteer yet.

Internet of Things:  matt.

navigation devices (AIRA, Seeing AI, Blind Square, IPHONE, etc.): no volunteer yet.

IPHONE/ IPAD (voice over and low vision): Nick (or another student).

android (Talk Back and low vision):  no volunteer yet.

Audio and video Description: (netflicts, Blind Mice, etc.): no volunteer yet.

pdf file conversion: no volunteer yet.

Medical devices: no volunteer yet.

Labeling appliances, etc.: Sandy.

Marketing and publicity: Sarah.