[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] HB2296 Vito

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Fri May 3 17:19:06 UTC 2019

Hello Colleagues,

Derek Manners sent out an email a few minutes ago indicating the Governor has vetoed HB2296 the bill that would give banks/credit unions special treatment regarding the ADA and accessible websites.

With other groups of persons with disabilities we urged the Governor to veto this ill-conceived legislation.

I queried the Commonwealth of Virginia website and found verification that the bill was vetoed today.

We should all be proud for the success of our efforts to stop this proposed legislation.  Our collective action truly pays off!

John Halverson