[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Door Prizes At Upcoming Technology Fair

nancyyeager542 at comcast.net nancyyeager542 at comcast.net
Tue May 14 03:07:01 UTC 2019

Hi All,

The Potomac Chapter Technology Fair is less than 6 weeks away and the
Planning Committee could really use your help to make this event even more
exciting.

During the Fair we plan to draw 8 door prizes, 1 every 15 minutes.  If you
want to contact a local merchant to solicit a donation, please take the
attached two documents with you:

1.	Door Prize Donation Letter and
2.	PC Technology Fair Flier.

Text of these documents appears below.

Since we only need 8 door prizes and don't want to jeopardize our door prize
solicitation for the fall auction, please let me know when you obtain a
donation.  You can reach me by email at:  nancyyeager542 at comcast.net
<mailto:nancyyeager542 at comcast.net>  or by phone at:  (703)283-2524.

Nancy Yeager

Text of Attachments

National Federation of the Blind

Potomac Chapter

Arlington, VA

Voicemail: 703-867-6400

E-mail:  <mailto:jwh100 at outlook.com> jwh100 at outlook.com

June 22, 2019

Dear Merchant:

We hope you will act on this opportunity to contribute to a very special
event!

Technology plays an essential role in the lives of everyone including
persons who are blind.  On Saturday, June 22, the Potomac Chapter, National
Federation of the Blind (PCNFB) will hold a Hands-On Technology Fair for
people who are blind or vision-impaired of all ages.  Blind people will
demonstrate accessible technology that makes it possible for persons who are
blind to live the lives we want.

Your door prize/donation will help support this event.

During the Technology Fair, blind individuals will demonstrate the use of
accessible technology, (including smart phones and computers), to blind or
visually impaired students, adults as well as parents of children who are
blind or have low vision.

The Potomac Chapter represents the Northern Virginia areas of Arlington,
Falls Church, and the eastern portions of Fairfax County. The PCNFB is a
local chapter of the state affiliate, National Federation of the Blind of
Virginia, and a chapter of the National Federation of the Blind, the largest
and most influential organization of the blind in the United States.  The
National Federation of the Blind of Virginia is a 501(c) 3 charitable
tax-exempt organization.  Our Tax Identification Number is 23-7176308.

If you would like to contribute to our Technology Fair, one of our Chapter
members can come by to collect your contribution or you can contact the
Technology Fair Coordinator or me by telephone at the numbers below.  All
contributions will be acknowledged during the Technology Fair.

We thank you for your consideration and for helping to make our event a
success.

Sincerely,

John Halverson, Ph.D., President

Potomac Chapter, National Federation of the Blind

703-867-6400

or

Nancy Yeager,

Technology Fair Coordinator

Potomac Chapter, National Federation of the Blind

703-283-2524

Donation form and event flier attached

DONATION INFORMATION FORM

I wish to make a donation to the Potomac Chapter of the National Federation
of the Blind (PCNFB) June 22, 2019, Technology Fair as indicated below:

_____   A donation of merchandise valued at: $____________.

_____   A gift certificate/gift card valued at: $______________.

_____   Monetary gift:  $____________. Checks should be made payable to
PCNFB.

Mail checks to: Treasurer, Sean McMahon, 2677 Avenir Place Apt 3205; Vienna,
VA 22180.

Gift cards and merchandise donations will be collected by your PCNFB
representative.

NAME AND ADDRESS OF DONOR:
__

__

Thank you for your important donation.

Hands-On Nonvisual Technology Fair

For persons who are Blind

Or Low Vision

Free Admission!

Saturday

June 22, 2019

10 AM to 2 PM

Lyon Village Community House

1920 N. Highland Street

Arlington, VA 22201

Demonstrations include:

Smartphone Accessibility

NFB Newsline

Smart Home Devices

Braille Displays and Notetakers

Navigation Devices

Household Labeling

Medical Devices

Audio Description Services

And More!

Come join us and get hands-on experience with various technologies that can
guide you toward self-confidence and independence!

For questions, more information, or to register, please contact Nancy Yeager
by calling (703) 812-0953 or

e-mailing nancyyeager542 at comcast.net

You can also register at https://hands-on-technology-fair.eventbrite.com

WALK-INS ARE WELCOME

Hosted by the Potomac Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
Virginia