[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] FW: Nominating Committee Report

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Fri Apr 3 15:50:31 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

The 2020 nominating committee report is below.  I want to thank Patty Droppers, Chair, as well as Deepa Goraya and Sean McMahon who also served for their important work.

As  I indicated at our last meeting, I will not be running for president this year.  Our energetic and accomplished recording secretary, Christine Grassman has expressed an interest in assuming our presidency.  Of course others may be nominated from the floor.

As  we will hold our meeting on Zoom, we need to find a means of voting for possibly contested races.  I want to clear it with the board, but suggest if we have nominations from the floor, those who are eligible to vote and at the meeting have one day to email their preferences to a third party.  Tracy Soforenko will collect the emails.

Finally, our constitution calls for dues to be payed prior to the election.  Because of our current situation this is impossible for some.  Again, with board approval, I suggest we waive this requirement for those who affirm to me prior to our April meeting through email or text that they will pay at the first opportunity when meetings can be held again in person.

Again I want to thank the nominating committee.

John Halverson, Ph.D., President
Potomac Chapter, National Federation of the Blind