[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] February 2020 Chapter Meeting

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Thu Feb 13 01:27:40 UTC 2020

Colleagues and Friends,

January and February are exciting times for members of the National Federation of the  Blind.  The weather may be cold, but our actions are hot.  We will participate in the state and national legislative process.  Our views will be heard on January 21 in Richmond and during the week of February 10 in Washington DC. If  you have not participated in  these events before, I invite you to join us and help improve our lives.   I hope everyone will join us.  Our chapter has played a major part in both activities.  I have been entering Washington Seminar data full-time for the last ten days and completely forgot about the usual meeting notice.

Also remember our auction is scheduled for March 21.  Please help us obtain items.

The Potomac Chapter NFBV will meet at 7:00 pm, Thursday February 13 at St. George's Episcopal Church.  The address is 915 North Oakland Street, Arlington Virginia 22201.  We meet in room 114.

Among other activities we will review our Richmond and Washington seminar issues.  We have William Jones as a speaker.  He operates the Arlington Star transportation program.  Also as part of the Chapter Leadership Institute Christine will run the meeting.  I will happily observe.  I  expect great things from her.

I am very much looking forward to seeing you at the meeting.

In previous months a group of us met for dinner before our meeting at Cosi.  Unfortunately, I hear the Cosi at Fairfax Drive  and Monroe has closed.  Let's  think of an alternative place to eat prior to our meeting.

Sincerely,

John Halverson, President

Note that the church is two blocks from the  Virginia Square Metro station.
1.  As you leave the Virginia Square Metro escalator turn 180 degrees and walk to Fairfax Drive.

2 Turn left and walk to Nelson.

3 Cross Nelson with Fairfax Drive on your right.  Note even though Nelson has little traffic, there is a traffic signal at this intersection.

4 After crossing Nelson Street continue for an additional block with Fairfax Drive on your right.  You will reach Oakland Street.  Turn left on Oakland and an almost immediate left through a small parking lot.

5 Knock on the door and someone will let you in the church.

Thank you.