[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Helpful Hints for The Less Techie Convention Participants

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Sun Jul 12 09:18:19 UTC 2020

(As requested below, could someone please send me or John a list of tech ambassadors to post here? Thank you.)
Helpful Information for Convention participation, especially for those without the Zoom app or facility with the Zoom web site, (or if either of these presents problems at any point):
you can dial in on any of the following numbers, and then supply the meeting Id for the session you wish to attend:

949-436-2866

301-715-8592

312-626-6799

669-900-6833

253-215-8782

346-248-7799

You can mute or unmute yourself with star (to the left of the Zero on the keypad) followed by 6. This is a toggle, so if you are muted at the start of the meeting, this will unmute you. If you are unmuted, it will mute you. Bear in mind that some meetings, because of the sheer volume of participants, will have all attendees muted, and you will have to participate by raising your hand.
To do this, Use Star 9. This is also a toggle, and will lower your hand when you have been acknowledged.
The Crowd Compass app is an invaluable trove of information, but for purposes of strictly participating in the sessions, you should need only the above.
For the app or using the Crowd Compass app on your computer:
To install, go the Google Play or Apple app store, or wherever you typically get your phone’s apps.
Search for Crowd Compass.
Download it.
When opening it, search for NFB. It will find it and ask if you wish to download the event.
It will do so.
You must then provide your name, email, and a password, which is NFB2020
If you are registered for the convention, it will send you a six-digit verification code via email.
Type this verification in the dit box and hit verify.
You are now logged in. If you log off, you will need to do the verification step again.
For using the platform on a web site:
Go to the link:
https://event.crowdcompass.com/nfb20 <https://event.crowdcompass.com/nfb20>

You will go through the same process as described above for the app: first name, last name, email, and the password
NFB2020
In either case, you will be presented with the opportunity to add information to a profile: upload a photo, put the title of any company, a job title, and a brief bio.
You can keep this profile hidden, in which case you will need to share your contact information in order for others to see it, or have it visible to show your information for those who might look for you.
There is a huge “Attendees” list. You can scroll through or search for a name.
There are separate lists for exhibitors, sponsors, and speakers.
If you wish to use it, you can set a schedule of sessions you wish to attend.
The agenda is available.
I have not used the app or the web site extensively, but if anyone has issues with it during the week, text or email me and I will try to replicate the issue. I imagine our tech ambassadors will also be happy to assist. Could someone please send me a list of ambassadors to post here?
If you want to attempt exploring and using the app before convention. (recommended if you are nervous or overwhelmed by the novel nature of this year’s convention), please attempt to follow the instructions above and contact me with a specific issue.
Also please be mindful that I will be working between 6:30 AM and 3:00 PM most days (though I may change my schedule to 8:30 to 5:00 for two or three days this week, in order to accommodate participating in some sessions scheduled during my work hours.
Christine