[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] 7:00 PM Meeting (Zoom Link and Agenda Enclosed)

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Thu Oct 8 17:43:46 UTC 2020

Please see below the Zoom link and tonight’s agenda. Remember to review the Treasurer’s report and meeting minutes from last month in order to breeze past these if there are no issues or adjustments.

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09
One tap mobile
tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#

Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592
Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#
On the menu for tonight’s Potomac Chapter meeting:

Call to Order
Who’s on the line: You will be called on by our fine host, Jacki, and give us your name, rank, and serial number. I mean, you will give your name, and for this month’s interesting tidbit, I take an idea from Chris Walker, who recently asked on Facebook: What is the strangest thing you have eaten, from the perspective of the ordinary American diet, anyway. If whatever it is “tasted like chicken,” keep it to yourself. Kidding, kidding.
NFB Pledge
Convention reminders and questions

Treasurer’s Report and Minutes: Please be prepared to suggest amendments or ask questions so that we can finish up quickly and move on to our speaker.

Our fine Program and Activities Committee brings us this month a presentation by Ahmad Bassah:
Ahmad Bassah is a foreign language interpreter and tutor fluent in Arabic, English, Portuguese, French, and Spanish. Having traveled the world, he has always been inspired to better understand how to best equip and enrich the experience of blind folks in developing economies. He plans on exploring his journey having toured blindness skills facility centers in Bolivia, Palestine, etc. He will talk to us about his journey and how it inspired him to move forward and be more grateful as a blind individual himself.

Legislative updates

Voting: Your experiences, whether positive or negative
Adjourn