[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Next Week's Meeting Agenda

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Fri Sep 4 10:52:18 UTC 2020

Hello Potomac partners:
So, we’ve got a meeting coming up next Thursday, September 10, at 7:00 PM, and while I suspect the Zoom meeting and dial-in info will be as it has been these past months, our meeting host Jacki Bruce will shortly confirm.
Next week’s agenda will include:
Discussions of PAC ideas and Meet the Blind Month ideas, including invitations to participate with other chapters’ efforts.  Meet the Blind Month ideas are needed ASAP, so please bring your ideas and your willingness to bring them to fruition.
Our Activities and Program Committee has lined up a presenter who will discuss non24. Some of you may already be familiar with this. If you are not, and have no clue what the heck I am talking about, you will if you attend the meeting next week.
We would also like to feature blind travel agent Cheryl Echevarria at a future meeting, or a meeting specifically set up for her, since she has obligations which do not make it possible for her to present at our evening meetings.
I will discuss my experience signing up for, and my initial impressions of, the first session (September 9),  of the Arlington Community Emergency Response Training.  Arlington CERT has reached out to the blind Arlington community, asking if we are interested in participating in this worthy activity. Though they have worked with “legally blind” participants before, working with individuals with very little or no functional vision is new for them, but they are very willing to learn. I will report on this as it unfolds.
Please review last month’s Minutes and Treasurer’s report in order to bring any questions, concerns, or suggested adjustments, as one meeting change many have asked for is to breeze past these in the meetings.
Please, please continue to send, or call me with, your suggestions for shaping meetings any Federationist (or any person, for that matter) would be envious to attend.
Be well . . . and get your butts (or better yet, your fingers),  over to the NFBV State Convention landing page to register.
(Yeah, if you don’t all get that done, I’ll be taking up time at the meeting reminding you to do it). Please consider a donation while you are at it, and/or contributing a door prize or two.
You must be a dues-paying member in order to vote. Although registration will remain open through October 25, only those who are registered by October 18 will be entered into a $100 raffle. You do not have to be a dues-paying member to be eligible for door prizes.
As with our NFB annual convention, this virtual convention provides a fantastic opportunity to reach out far and wide to invite others to attend, to check us out, to get acquainted with  our abundance of awesomeness and advocacy.
http://nfbv.org/registration <http://nfbv.org/registration>
Christine