[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Yes, I Gave Myself Demerits for Tardiness: Potomac Chapter Meeting Agenda August 12

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Wed Aug 11 18:20:48 UTC 2021

Good afternoon. Here is the (yes, rather late) agenda for tomorrow:
All hands on deck for the hybrid meeting of the Potomac Chapter meeting tomorrow evening at 7:00 PM, Rm. 114 at St. George’s Episcopal Church, 915 N. Oakland Street, Arlington, 22203,   or via Zoom as per usual:
Zoom Link
https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09 <https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09>

One tap mobile
tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#  <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345>
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592
Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

7:00 PM: Call to Order: Who’s in the room, and who’s on the line?

7:10 PM: Minutes

7:15 PM: Treasurer’s Report

7:20: Program Activities  and Social Committee: Meet the Blind Month. Do we have consensus on a location?
7:30: Charlie Brown Service Arrangements, Last Minute RSVP’s/Information
7:40 PM: Picnic Details and Planning
7:55 PM: Short Break: 5 Minutes **Please Note: In order to respect St. George’s rules about masks and social distancing, we will not be bringing snacks to this meeting. Please plan accordingly. If anyone has suggestions for a meet-up before or after future meetings in the area, please let me know.**

8:00 PM: Convention Arrangements/Planning: Political Speaker, Invocations, Color Guard, Veterans Salute, Ideas for Speakers and Items of Interest, Auction Items, etc.
8:25 PM: The Moth: What Is It, and Should We Plan On Doing Something Like It for Convention Hospitality Night
(We will hopefully be able to establish a good enough audio sharing option for all who are unaware of this program to get a sense of it. If not, we will have a philosophy discussion, as follows.)

PhilosophY:
Recently, a number of groups have made it known that when they are written about, they wish their group identity to be capitalized: e.g., “Black” or “Deaf”.  Should the blind community ask for the same treatment? Why or why not? What the the advantages and disadvantages of this?
8:45 PM (give or take):  Pledge and   Adjourn