[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Program Activities and Social Activities Committee: Meeting and Call for Volunteers

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Sun Aug 15 19:12:07 UTC 2021

Good Sunday, Potomac peeps:
The Halversons have graciously invited us to gather at their home on September 11, 2021 for a Potomac Chapter picnic.
As threatened and promised, I am calling a meeting of the Program Activities and Social Committee to discuss logistics, and we are going to require chapter participation to make the event as unforgettable and awesome as we are. (I was going to mention our infectious personalities, but that just does not seem the right word usage at this particular moment.)
If you have been appointed to the committee, and/or if you would like to be on the call, please reply before 5 P.M. tomorrow, Monday 16 with the times you are most likely available in the next week.
Christine

So, below is a compiled list of what we need to decide and to have/prepare in order to plan and celebrate ourselves and each other.
Program Activities and Social Committee Agenda:
Potomac Chapter Picnic, September 11, 2021
Logistics: Time
Rain Check plan
Rules of Engagement for Covid Avoidance
Pot luck, delivery, or both
Individual duties and responsibilities:
Supplies
 sending out invitations and transportation information, food allergies.

RSVP Deadline, and if people are bringing supplies or food, what and how much.
Will need:
Plates, cold and hot cups, napkins, bowls, utensils, snacks, beverages, main dishes, desserts.  serving spoons,
do we want to have rotation of servers to avoid congregating around table?
Other concerns/questions?

Schedule another meeting to check on preparations and to discuss finalizing Meet the Blind Month activity/location.
Learned  of something in D.C. called Planet Word Museum.

Possible chapter activity or alternative Meet the Blind Month idea.
I have emailed them for further information.

https://planetwordmuseum.org/accessibility/ <https://planetwordmuseum.org/accessibility/>