[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Potomac Chapter Meeting Agenda, Thursday, February 11, 7:00 PM

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Sun Feb 7 21:36:56 UTC 2021

**Any requests to present or additions for the agenda of any nature should be sent to me prior to five P.M. Wednesday.**
Christine
Potomac Chapter Meeting: February 11, 2021, 7:00 PM

Zoom in a few minutes before we are due to start, please:

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09 <https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09>
One tap mobile
tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#  <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345>
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592
Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

7:00 PM or slightly thereafter: Call to Order
Roll Call: When called upon, please give your preference, if you have one, for our Valentine’s Day audio-described movie gathering via Zoom:
1. The Lovebirds

2. Meet the Parents

3. Crazy Rich Asians

(1 P.M. February 14)
** Please preview the brief descriptions following the agenda; we will not spend time discussing the premises, merits, or lack thereof.)

7:10 PM: Appointments of Nominating And Auditing Committees
7:15 PM: Minutes and Treasurer’s Reports (please review beforehand and come prepared with any questions or suggested amendments)
7:20:  Libby Presentation
Do you want more options for accessing reading materials?

Arlington Public Library Associates Brittany Ham and Bridgette Widsom will tell us all about Libby.
Nancy Yeager: Introductions

Brittany Ham and Bridgette Widsom: Libby Presentation
Brittany Ham

Contact information:
bham at arlingtonva.us <mailto:bham at arlingtonva.us>
(703) 228-7689
library.arlingtonva.us <https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flibrary.arlingtonva.us%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cbham%40arlingtonva.us%7Cf0b04c964981444fad2508d8b8ee6eb7%7C803548041fdf428e9f5f5091e994cf54%7C0%7C0%7C637462681483846756%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=WistUTWY4z%2Brf7wlU438W6SW5u5rsseUOuXEddLKjes%3D&reserved=0>

7:45 PM: Details about our Valentine’s Day movie presentation

7:55 PM: Washington Seminar: Report and Impressions/Experiences

8:10 PM: Five-minute Break

8:15 Report of upcoming Speakers/Presentations: Suggestions Welcome for Future Meetings

8:20: Updates (please contact me if you have any new business, updates, reminders, or information regarding local, state, or national initiatives, e.g., Diversity and Inclusion, Sexual Misconduct Awareness Training, Chapter, Affiliate, or National Activities)
8:30 (or earlier, depending on the previous slot): Pledge and Adjourn

** Suggested Movies: Brief Descriptions
1.  The Lovebirds (Netflix, 2020)

A couple has decided to break up, but they then get tangled in a murder mystery and have to go on the run from the police in order to solve the crime and prove their innocence. They realize they still have feelings for each other.
Run Time: 1 hour, 26 minutes
Rated: R
Starring: Issa Rae and Kumail Nanjiani)

2. Meet the Parents (2000)
A nurse and his fiancee visit her parents, but her dad is every guy’s worst nightmare.
Run Time: 1 hour, 48 minutes
Rated: PG-13
Starring: Ben Stiller, Robert De Niro, Teri Polo

3. Crazy Rich Asians (2018)

This contemporary romantic comedy, based on a global bestseller, follows native New Yorker Rachel Chu to Singapore to meet her boyfriend's family.

Run Time: 2 hours
Rating: PG-13
Starring: Constance Wu, Henry Golding, Michelle Yeoh