[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Potomac Chapter Meeting: May 13, 7:00 PM

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Wed May 12 12:36:46 UTC 2021

Potomac Chapter Meeting Agenda: May 13, 2021, 7:00 PM:
Hey there. So, I’ll be seeing you, right?
Just before 7:00 PM:
https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09 <https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09>

One tap mobile
tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#  <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345>
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592
Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

7:00 PM: Who is here?
7:05: Check-ins: Does anyone have anything they would like to share: the good, the bad, the gorgeous, the ugly?
7:20: Minutes and Treasurer’s Report:  Please review to bring any questions, adjustments, and amendments.
7:30: Dog Guide Panel Discussion:

Facilitator: Naim, or Sean, in Naim’s absence
We will have a panel of experienced dog guide users and discuss such topics as discrimination, public perception of dog guides, dogs and the pandemic and other topics from the audience.

8:00 PM: Five-Minute Break (Go ahead, your bladder will thank you)

8:05: Voting: Quick report: For anyone who has requested a mail ballot, for the June primary or other elections, have there been any issues?
8:10 PM: If you have not yet had your vaccinations, it should be easy to find a location and get one now.  Any issues? Is everyone aware of the partnership between the NFB and LYFT?
8:15: As we open up, do people have any ideas about accessible gathering places outdoors where we could meet up for some picnicking, card-playing, or other games and simple enjoyment of each other’s fine company?  We might look into an outdoor eating arrangement at a local restaurant. Let’s start looking into this.
8:20:  PM: RAINN Climate Survey: Regardless of whether you took it or not, did you hear about it? Do you believe many people took it?  If not, why do you think this is so?   Have you heard of any particular difficulties taking it, either by phone or online?  Remember: there is no need to indicate during the discussion whether you took it or not, but your thoughts about it and the underlying topics are important going forward to inform the continued attention and discussion.
Focus Question: Do you think there is a generational difference when it comes to how the NFB’s efforts to address serious code violations is being perceived? If so, explain why you think this is, and what might be done about it.
8:30: Pledge and Adjourn