[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Join Us and Spread the Word: Joint BEAM Event at the Alexandria Waterfront: 10/09/2021: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Sun Oct 3 22:03:52 UTC 2021

	Please hold onto this if you will be joining the Potomac, Alexandria, and Fairfax Chapters of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia for our Blind Equality Achievement Month event at the Alexandria waterfront on October 9, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. I will send out a Zoom link Thursday evening for anyone who wants or needs more information. This will be about 20 minutes, longer if needed, just to sttle things up.
See below GAC President Evelyn Valdez’s instructions for getting to where you need to be after arriving at the Torpedo Factory or immediate vicinity. There is a shuttle which does a loop from the King Street station starting at 11:00 AM, but if you want to join us when we start, please check out the bus routes, or arrange for ride-sharing or a walk from the station.

 The Honorable Justin Wilson will be stopping by between 10:00 and 10:30 AM, and will deliver a proclamation.

We will be providing literature and information, and if you are skilled with a slate and stylus, please bring them, as we will have index cards to Braille messages or names.
We have alphabet cards to hand out as well, and anyone who is comfortable doing so may demonstrate technology, orientation and mobility techniques, or other alternative techniques of blindness.
 A lot of people have been working behind the scenes to pull this together, and we ask that you join us for as much of the event as possible.  As of now, the weather should be cooperative. See instructions below for getting to Alexandria Waterfront BEAM HQ:

> *******

From Evelyn Valdez: