[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Book Club Meeting Today at 3:00 PM

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Sun Sep 12 15:02:23 UTC 2021

Hello,

A reminder  that we are holding our book club meeting at 3:00 PM on our affiliate Zoom.

I have  two additional books.

John
Facing the mountain: a true story of Japanese American heroes in World War II DB103646<https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/download/detail/srch/DB103646>
Brown, Daniel James Reading time: 17 hours, 42 minutes.
Louis Ozawa

Bestsellers
World History and Affairs

The author of The Boys in the Boat (DB 77138) highlights the contributions and sacrifices of Japanese Americans, particularly four families whose sons volunteered for the 442nd Regimental Combat Team. He discusses the dangers these soldiers faced as well as the difficulties and discrimination their families suffered back in America. Unrated. Commercial audiobook. Bestseller. 2021.

I understand Patty has an interest in this.

While justice sleeps: a novel DB103183<https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/download/detail/srch/DB103183>
Abrams, Stacey Reading time: 14 hours, 57 minutes.
Adenrele Ojo

Suspense Fiction
Mystery and Detective Stories
Legal Fiction

When legendary Supreme Court Justice Howard Wynn falls into a coma, his dedicated clerk Avery Keene is shocked to find he left instructions for her to serve as his guardian and power of attorney. She discovers Wynn had been researching a possible conspiracy, and she is now targeted. Unrated. Commercial audiobook. 2021.