[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Survey Origress

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Sun Jun 5 12:53:37 UTC 2022

Thank you so much to those of you who have responded so far. Please get in your responses so that your preferences can be recorded.
Presently, hybrid meetings and in-person meetings where we can share a meal and conduct our business at the same time are tied. 1.5 hour meetings re preferred. People are interested in speakers and activities after conducting the main business of the meetings, with items from the Presidential Release being discussed.
If this trend continues, we are going to need to find a place that has food that most will enjoy, a space that we can have each month, and that can accommodate activities and speakers . . . essentially, we’ll need a room where people can talk to each other, hear what’s going on at the meeting, and interest others without disturbing them. If anyone knows of such a place, let me know.
It was mentioned that if we did this, we would save the money renting the room at the church and essentially have a built-in “Meet the Blind” activity at every meeting. Another alternative is to hold Zoom meetings to reach as many people as possible and to plan social gatherings where we do the bulk of other activities in which people are interested.
Please give feedback.
Christine