[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Survey Update, Agenda Items

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Mon Jun 6 17:40:56 UTC 2022

All, it is that time again: I am putting together the agenda, so if you need time, tell me before noon tomorrow, please.
A reminder that we are meeting via Zoom only this Thursday due to a significant lack of interest in attending in person, or at least based on the responses I received.
Speaking of responses received, ten individuals have submitted their surveys, and having a meeting in a place where we can share a meal at the same time is very popular. Therefore, I need someone to start exploring options, or suggesting options that you are aware of for this. We would need someplace accessible to public transportation that will not be super busy on a Thursday evening that has a space which is conducive to conducting a meeting while we dine. Several chapters here in Virginia and across the country do this, so if this is what members want, let’s explore the options.

At this point, the overwhelming response regarding the Presidential Release is to discuss significant items.
Philosophical discussions are not as popular as I would have expected, but hands-on activities and information about accessible events are quite popular.
The majority have indicated a preference for social gatherings fewer than six times per year, and chapter meetings ten times per year.
Most want to keep fundraisers and social gatherings separate.
Most prefer that we maintain our current time and date.
1.5 hours is the hands-down winner for perfect meeting duration.

So . . . if you have differing opinions to these, or would like to offer suggestions and constructive feedback, please get your responses in. I will give another update Thursday evening and for the time being, the plan is to keep the survey open until July 1.

Christine