[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Advocacy Needed Throughout the DMV: Volunteers for Potomac Committee for Outreach, Advocacy, Next Steps

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Thu Mar 24 21:04:18 UTC 2022

I have also posted this to the NFB of Virginia Chapter Presidents list and I will be posting to social media. If anyone has any direct media contacts and higher-ups at WMATA, please put that information together. I would love to have three people at least on this to move as quickly as possible; media attention would be good. If someone can do a video at some fairgates, that would be great for illustrative purposes. (Gentlemen, don’t go through sideways, and careful when going out with the shorter folk and the little ones. No wonder I haven’t run into any leprechauns this year.
See below.

*****

Metro has started installing updated fare gates. Unlike the previous systems, these are harder to hear when they open, and the only reason I’m personally able to see if they’ve opened is that the screen flashes green. These systems are not accessible though, because if you are not fast enough, especially when walking with a guide dog, they will prematurely close on you. I’ve gotten caught twice just this week alone. Can we somehow reach out to Metro and bring this to their attention?

Christine Grassman, Potomac Chapter?