[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Potomac Chapter Meeting, September 8: The Extreme Agenda

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Tue Sep 6 21:11:44 UTC 2022

No, no, don’t get nervous. All will be revealed below.
Hey! It’s time to get together for our chapter meeting. Shake off summer; it is nearly over. We’ve got a state convention to host, and we’ve got lots of other things to do and enjoy, so see below for Thursday’s meeting agenda.
I hope many of you can make it in person, and it would be especially great if you could come to a pre-meeting dinner at Extreme Pizza, which is *really* close to the Virginia Square Metro, and mere blocks from our meeting.
The address for Extreme Pizza is 3444 Fairfax Drive.
Phone: (571) 777-1088

https://www.extremepizza.com/location/virginia-square-arlington-virginia/

Our in-person location is:
St. George’s Episcopal Church
915 N. Oakland Street in Arlington, Room 114.
When I last inquired, I was informed that masks are still required.

If you are not yet comfortable meeting in person, or if you simply cannot make it to St. George’s, join us via Zoom just before 7:00 PM at:

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09 <https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09>
One tap mobile
tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#  <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345>
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Please review the most recent Minutes and Treasurer’s report. The Treasurer’s report was sent out earlier today, and the Minutes are forthcoming. Please be prepared to bring up any amendments or issues for discussion.

7:00 PM: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome Back!
We will introduce ourselves and take a moment each to answer the prompt: Did you learn anything new this summer,  or an alternative: Name one significant event or occurrence from this summer, aside from the obvious one: the national convention.
7:10: Minutes and Treasurer’s Report: Questions, Adjustments, Amendments?
7:15: Voting Access and People with Disabilities: The Ongoing Saga
We will hear from Joan Porte, the President of the Arlington and Alexandria City League of Women Voters.
Disability Voting Rights Week is September 12-18, and there is a planned event on October 15, Blind Americans Equality Day, also known as White Cane Safety and Awareness Day.
There are various activities being planned surrounding voting rights for people with disabilities.

7:35: Important Survey with a Short Response Time: September 19-25
President Riccobono announced an important survey that requires our participation with a limited opportunity for doing so.
7:40: Hosting the State Convention: Registration, Special Announcements, Committees and Opportunities to Pitch In
8:00 Break
8:05: Buddy Program: A Virginia BELL Student Reports
Allison Korb is a young lady whom the chapter assisted by providing airfare to and from the Buddy Program at BLIND, Inc., last month, something we were able to do because of our Youth Fund. We will hear from Allison about her experiences.
8:15: Committee Reports
Social Committee, Membership Committee, Another Call for Constitution Review and Amendment Suggestions

8:25: Metro Update and Information from Brigid Doherty from WMATA
8:30: Pledge and Adjourn