[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Survey: Audio Description and Art

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Thu Mar 2 17:30:58 UTC 2023

	All, please see the below from Vanessa Jones from the National Portrait Gallery.

Hello everyone,

The National Portrait Gallery is involved in a study that looks at the ways people with different levels of sight experience audio description. As part of the study, we are looking for volunteers to take part in some online research. We need participants who are blind, partially-blind, low-vision or sighted; who are art lovers, or who have no interest in art at all, or who fall somewhere in between. The study takes approximately 1 hour, and we are able to offer a thank you voucher of $10.

This is a collaborative UK/US project, funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council, run by Alison Eardley (University of Westminster), in partnership with the National Portrait Gallery (US), Access Smithsonian (US), the Watts Gallery and Artists Village (UK), VocalEyes (UK), Smartify, Royal Holloway, University of London and the University of Westminster.
We would be hugely grateful if you were able to participate, as well as pass this along to anyone else in your network.

Please use this anonymous link to participate, or for more information (including contact information for the researchers):

https://westminsterpsych.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3w2anLSLh2SPtae <https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwestminsterpsych.az1.qualtrics.com%2Fjfe%2Fform%2FSV_3w2anLSLh2SPtae&data=05%7C01%7Cjonesve%40si.edu%7C96d1cb8974b749ddaef508db1a5577aa%7C989b5e2a14e44efe93b78cdd5fc5d11c%7C0%7C0%7C638132726601754243%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=eE399TIIwpBdDuzN5Xzhw7Rm1fQwTHkbr0xB0lA9C9o%3D&reserved=0>

Vanessa Jones (she/her/hers)
Access Programs
Smithsonian
National Portrait Gallery