[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] February 2024 Potomac Chapter Meeting

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Mon Jan 8 16:57:15 UTC 2024

Good morning, members and friends. Happy New Year to all and I hope the holiday season treated you well.

We will be meeting over Zoom and in Room 114 at St. George's Episcopal Church at 915 North Oakland Street this coming Wednesday, January 10 at 7 p.m. Zoom link and directions from the metro will be at the bottom of this message.

I am pleased there will be eight PCNFB members participating in our upcoming Richmond seminar; we will have at least 10 at our NFBV state board meeting; and we have much more to discuss and plan.

We have been contacted by Special Transportation for Arlington Residents (STAR) to discuss their services, a recent survey they conducted, and any improvements we might suggest. I was contacted in late December and proposed to them this discussion take place in February; this has not been confirmed. Having said that, maybe we'll have an update by Wednesday!

In addition to discussing our upcoming Silver Bells meet and greet, we will be sharing information about our national seniors division virtual retreat in February.

Sean will be collecting dues on Wednesday; they are $5 per year and if you do not have cash or will be a Zoom participant, contact Sean about payment methods.

I hope to see lots of you in person and I also hope our efforts to improve the quality of hybrid meetings will be successful. Zoom information and directions from the  metro to the church are below.

Note that the church is two blocks from the  Virginia Square Metro station.
1.  As you leave the Virginia Square Metro escalator turn 180 degrees and walk to Fairfax Drive.

2 Turn left and walk to Nelson.

3 Cross Nelson with Fairfax Drive on your right.  Note even though Nelson has little traffic, there is a traffic signal at this intersection.

4 After crossing Nelson Street continue for an additional block with Fairfax Drive on your right.  You will reach Oakland Street.  Turn left on Oakland and an almost immediate left through a small parking lot.

5 Knock on the door and someone will let you in the church.

Thank you.

Zoom

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

 Telephone Dial: tel:6468769923